1. Personal information that Murdoch University collects from you in regard to the Website is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. By submitting Material to the Website, you agree to provide your name and email address. If we decide to publish Material that you have submitted on our Website, e-newsletter, Facebook page and/or YouTube channel, we will also publish your name so that you may be attributed as the author. Your email address will be used to verify your identity. We may use your telephone number or email address to contact you if we need to discuss the Material you submit to us.
2. When providing your observations to us, personal information that you voluntarily provide to us about you and/or your organisation will assist us to develop a better understanding of the range of users of the coastal environments and may assist in marine monitoring.
3. If you agree to these conditions of use, we will store your and email address in our contacts database. Information stored in our contacts database can only be accessed by scientists and other personnel of Murdoch University and may be used in the future to contact you about issues relating to the coastal environment.
4. Murdoch University will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, unless otherwise authorised by law. However, Murdoch University may use your personal information to produce aggregated, de-identified data for statistical purposes and this data may be made publically available. Such data will not allow you to be personally identified in any way.
5. For more information on privacy and the Privacy Act, see the Office of the Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.